Re: Microwave Optics Experiments

20 kHz seems very high, because it creates rather short
wavelengths and thus
constructive and destructive interference are quite close. I thought
the sound stuff
worked nicely at 300 Hz which gives 1 meter wavelength. Even then two
ears can
cause some problems.

With either sound or microwaves, problems can occur because
of unwanted and
usually unexpected reflections and diffractions. Reflections about
the room usually destroy the complet destructive interference.
Outside is better.

Thanks
Roger Haar

I will try the double slit or grating. (However earlier attempts of

demonstrating this while I was trying to demonstrate acoustic
interference
failed miserably. The only good source for producing two-source, low

frequency, interference that I found was to run two high impedence
piezo-electric speakers at about 20 kHz and use a microphone as a
detector.