From: Alex. F. Burr
To: QuistO; RAUBERJ; phys-l
Subject: RE: Models, etc.
Date: Thursday, October 30, 1997 1:01PM

Can anybody think of a process in nature (excepting quantum mechanical
phenomina) which can be modeled by an equation which is not continuous
and which does not have continuous derivitives of all orders?
-
What is the highest order derivitive which has physical significance?
(ex acelleration, a second order derivitive undoubtedly has significance.
jerk, a third order derivitive has debatable or only minor
significance, I am sure that the fouth order derivitive has been
named but I can think of no place where it is used.)