Re: A Parents' Day gem

Hi!
The bullet experiment really consists in comparing the vertical
component of free fall with and without a horizontal initial velocity.
Hence we take this initial velocity to be that of the train, as compared
with the case of the train being at rest (standing in the station).
Since we also are in the train, we just havbe to observe the relative
motion of free fall when the train is at rest and when it is moving
at maximum speed. Emilio