RE: WEB. Better? Cheaper? More desirable?

We are dealing with enforced distance learning right now. If the results of
regular learning, humans interacting with humans, aren't great; the distance
learning is worse. the funny thing is, its not clear that its cheaper; my
salary saved may not be more than the cost of the technology and the
technology support salaries necessary to keep the thing running. And it is
less satisfying for our students, some of whom may end up going to schools
where they aren't forced into distance learning situations.

The costs of education are high, the
results are not great, and adminstrators will probably soon be promoting
the "distnance learning" as an economical alternative for those who can
not afford the cost of the "real thing".

Joel