Re: The troubles (revisited)

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997 23:55:34 +0100 Mark Sylvester <msylvest@spin.it>
writes:
Thomas L Wayburn wrote

When I was discussing why kids are so dumb and the role played by
TV
in "the closing of the American mind", I neglected a major influence,
namely, Rock and Roll...

and there followed a spate of unjustified generalisations.

Please. I gave up sci.physics some years ago because it had become a
forum
for uninformed religious discussion. Yes I know that in the end
everything
is somehow related to teaching physics, but let's at least avoid such
outbursts of prejudice!

Mark.

(who has shared with some of his better physics students over the
years an
appreciation of Led Zep, Metallica, The Police, The Cure, Nirvana... )

Mark Sylvester
United World College of the Adriatic, Duino, Trieste, Italy.
msylvest@spin.it
tel: +39 40 3739 255

Hi Mark,

I agree to give up on important statements that are not strictly physics
even though I know it will make the server less useful, but I insist that
your comments are much more prejudicial than mine. You would need to
prove my comments are false, but all you can do is list your particular
musically immature favorites.

Regards / Tom