Re: Astro. instrumentation books

Willmann-Bell Publishers has a book on design and construction of CCD
cameras for telescopes. I forget the title but they always have a big
ad in Sky & Telescope so check there for info.

I'm designing an elective for our final year instrumentation & elec. eng.
students on astronomy, with an emphasis on astronomical instrumentation &
image processing. (These students have done no astro. before, and their
physics & maths background is only average.)
The library here has some spare money to buy references, if I'm quick -
does anyone have any suggestions - preferably for references suitable for
the students, but also for references for me! I already have some
reasonable ones in radioastronomy, because that's my field, but I could
do with some on optical telescope design principles, CCDs, optical image
processing, infrared & X-ray instrumentation, ...
I suppose that it's too much to expect that there's an appropriate text?
Cheers
Margaret Mazzolini
School of Biophysical Sciences & Electrical Engineering
Swinburne University of Technology

Paul J. Camp "The Beauty of the Universe
Assistant Professor of Physics consists not only of unity
Coastal Carolina University in variety but also of
Conway, SC 29528 variety in unity.
pjcamp@coastal.edu --Umberto Eco
pjcamp@postoffice.worldnet.att.net The Name of the Rose
(803)349-2227