Astro. instrumentation books

I'm designing an elective for our final year instrumentation & elec. eng.
students on astronomy, with an emphasis on astronomical instrumentation &
image processing. (These students have done no astro. before, and their
physics & maths background is only average.)
The library here has some spare money to buy references, if I'm quick -
does anyone have any suggestions - preferably for references suitable for
the students, but also for references for me! I already have some
reasonable ones in radioastronomy, because that's my field, but I could
do with some on optical telescope design principles, CCDs, optical image
processing, infrared & X-ray instrumentation, ...
I suppose that it's too much to expect that there's an appropriate text?
Cheers
Margaret Mazzolini
School of Biophysical Sciences & Electrical Engineering
Swinburne University of Technology