Re: Choir acoustics

brian whatcott wrote:

At 12:13 10/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
The chapel seats about 400 and they think that the sound is "dead".
Some of the members were told to "ask a physics teacher". So they did.
Richard E. Swanson

Is it too soon to ask how this project is going?
I for one would enjoy your findings on this
relevant topic.

Thanks for asking. The comments from the phys-l group that you saw
posted were helpful and I passed them on to the church committee. I
also found a couple of nice web sites:

http://home.echo-on.net/~jdbsound/l1.htm

http://www.bkla.com/church.htm

These are remarkably rich and full of information ... I continue to be
amazed by the web. Will let you know if anything of import comes out of
this exercise.

Cheers,

Rick

--
Richard E. Swanson, Ph.D. (910) 695-3715
Professor of Physics FAX: (910) 695-1823