pasco science workshop data files

I have a student who is recording Schumann resonance signals, having built
the antenna and amplifier for vlf signals as per the Sci Am article of last
year.

He wants to record for 30 minutes or so, and then do an fft to look for the
characteristic frequencies. Our Pasco 500 interface will do the recording
very nicely, but the Pasco Science Workshop software is not capable of doing
the fft on such a big file of data. We have other software that will do the
job, but the Science Workshop datafile does not seem to be in any obvious
format.

Does anyone have experience of exporting data from Science Workshop to other
programs?

Btw, the detector does a great job of recording passing cars by the
perturbation they cause in the geomagnetic field, and waving a magnet around
20 metres away produces a huge signal.

Mark.

Mark Sylvester
United World College of the Adriatic, Duino, Trieste, Italy.
msylvest@spin.it
tel: +39 40 3739 255