Re: Today's jaw dropper

Back when Serway came out one of my sons was a Student in a first
year physics class at Carleton University, where the book had
been adopted. I sent him a copy of Tipler, the book we were using
at that time at SFU, and asked him to compare the books by using
Tipler too. He came down on the side of Tipler.

I'm not happy with *any* first year textbook, including Tipler.
In my opinion none in the current generation of fat, brightly
(and mostly gratuitously) colored members of that genre is as
good as Sears and Zemansky was more than forty years ago.

Leigh