Re: Law of sine vector problem...

I would only add to the other responses that break the problem up into
components that 32.12 degrees west of northeast WOULD BE 45+32.12 = 77.12
degrees!

rick
If this last answer is true that means that the angle between the
resultant and the northeast resultant is 57.88 degrees. This did not
seem right to me, so I figured that I would use the law of sine to solve
for the angle between the resultant and the northeast vector (theta 4).
Resultant velocity / sin (theta 2) = westward vector / sin (theta 4)
22.164 / sin 45 = 16.667 / sin (theta 4)
theta 4 = 32.12 degrees west of northeast