Re: Phys-L messages ---> web

Remember we had to abandon Listserv 18 months ago when a) they started
charging real money for it, and b) the University of West Florida was
getting ready to unplug the mainframe. That was when we switched phys-l
over to the unix-based LISTPROC, an entirely different piece of code.
Revised Listserv remains the best and the brightest of all listservers
(at least in my opinion) but we don't have it :-(. It is supported by
user fees, one result of which is that new things like the Web interface
are always coming out. Maybe we could pass the hat?

Richard C. Smith, Ph.D. Voice: (850) 476-9352

Curses... foiled again!
Combien? How much? Maybe we could pursue $$ through AAPT or NSF as well?
Maybe formal funding for PHYS-L could be pursued, I'd pay privately for it,
and feel that it would fit reasonably into physics ed related grants.

I'll go beat harder on the NAU Listserv support people and see if I can
make them upgrade, we supposedly pour lots of $$ into distance ed-related stuff
and $$ if not time should be easy. Then we can find out if this is actually
worth the effort.

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://www.phy.nau.edu/~danmac/homepage.html