Re: Phys-L messages ---> web

Daniel L. MacIsaac wrote:

I hear rumors that the latest and greatest version of the listserv SW (1.8c)
has nice hooks built into it that allow web access and web searches of
archived postings. If anyone else can confirm this actually works (here at
NAU I'm n+1th priority with the listserv support people) maybe we can press
Dick Smith (who generously and selflessly runs PHYS-L) to check it out.

Remember we had to abandon Listserv 18 months ago when a) they started
charging real money for it, and b) the University of West Florida was
getting ready to unplug the mainframe. That was when we switched phys-l
over to the unix-based LISTPROC, an entirely different piece of code.
Revised Listserv remains the best and the brightest of all listservers
(at least in my opinion) but we don't have it :-(. It is supported by
user fees, one result of which is that new things like the Web interface
are always coming out. Maybe we could pass the hat?

--
Richard C. Smith, Ph.D. Voice: (850) 476-9352
55 Birdwhistell Blvd. Fax: (850) 476-4193