Re: Stop using calories?

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 herbgottlieb@juno.com wrote:

When discussing volume, do you have students do problems using
"tablespoon" units?

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where we are considering using units of tablespoons and ounces in our
physics problems since these familiar units are in all of our cookbooks
( - :

When discussing the timescales of stellar evolution, do you have students
do problems using seconds?

John Mallinckrodt from Pomona
(Where we are considering using units of kilograms, seconds and meters in
our astrophysics courses because the solar mass, the year, and the
lightyear are not in the SI
( - :