Re: applets

Martha, I'm not sure that is accurate: Both Netscape 3 and 4 for the Mac
are Java capable. ...
The world (at least the Mac world) isn't ready for applets yet!

I have found some applets work on a mac, some don't. For example, the
applet at the address below worked on a PowerMac running Netscape Navigator:
http://www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/applets/fourier.html
However, the applets at http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/~hwang/ did not work on
the Mac. They ran fine on a Wintel computer. On the Mac, there is a large
blank spot where the applet window was on a Wintel system. These applets
specifically refered to the left and right mouse button. I suspect it has
some Wintel specific commands which are not part of the pure JAVA
environment.

Raymond N. Enzweiler phone: 606-572-6553
Department of Physics and Geology fax: 606-572-6092
Northern Kentucky University e-mail: RENZWEILER@NKU.EDU
Highland Heights, KY 41099-1900

home page <http://www.nku.edu/~renzweiler>