Re: Stop using calories?

Steve wrote:
. . .
(b) Our classroom holds about 6800 moles of air (molecular mass =
29.0 gm/mole). Suppose the temperature in the room is initially 20 C
and all the candy bar's energy is somehow delivered to the air
molecules. What will the final temperature be, and what will the rms
speed of the molecules be?

Steve Luzader

--
If you get more "realistic", the problem is even more fascinating.
Under ideal gas, constant volume and constant pressure conditions,

Bob Sciamanda sciamanda@edinboro.edu
Dept of Physics sciamanda@worldnet.att.net
Edinboro Univ of PA http://www.edinboro.edu/~sciamanda/home.html