Re: A physics project

Since no one else has mentioned this, I will. The Sept. 1997 issue of
the American Journal of Physics has a resource newsletter [i.e.
bibliography] on Nonlinear Dynamics by Hilborn and Tufillaro. They have
a substantial listing of introductory material at various levels.

Tom McCarthy wrote:

I recently wrote inquiring about a project that would be appropriate
for a
talented high school senior. I got a response concerning
sonoluninescence
which my student will look into further. She is also interested in
chaos
and possibly stochastic resonance. For the first topic, does anyone
have a
good introductory reference or ideas and for the second, Scientific
American ran an article about stoc. res. a few years back. Does
anyone
know the issue or have additional knowledge on the subject.

Thank you very much for your help, as always.

Tom McC

"Tom McCarthy" <TMccarthy@steds.org>

--
Maurice Barnhill, mvb@udel.edu