Re: summaries and thanks

Giancoli does have an Algebra based textbook.

There ya go.

I'm also surprised that there aren't more folks making lab
optional, to attract distribution students who may not need a lab, only a
science lecture course. But maybe most of you can afford to run a
separate,
conceptual-type course for such students. We can't.

I think you'll find many of us (at least on this list) view an introductory
physics course (at any math level) without lab as a pedagogical
abomination. My college, in a rare moment of great wisdom, long ago
established a 2-semester laboratory science requirement of ALL students.
Some of the newer types of courses essentially turn the whole course into a
laboratory experience and could therefore get by without a specific
'scheduled' lab.

Rick

In our case, administrative/curricular/bureaucratic structure of the Collge
prohibits offering any course separate from a lab.

R. Allen Shotwell
Chair, Science and Math
Ivy Tech State College
Terre Haute, IN