Re: calories

At 10:02 AM 9/14/97 -0700, Leigh wrote:
Here in the U.S. the Calorie is used in place of the 'better' kilocalorie
when reporting caloric content of foods.....

What's the convention up there in Canada, Leigh?

Just be glad we don't see BTUs on our breakfast cereal packages!

Leigh

A few years ago, perhaps in TPT, there was a photo of a can of Coke as
produced somewhere in the middle east. It was Diet Coke, and the label
claimed it was a "Low Joule" product.

jg

__________________________________

John E. Gastineau gastineau@mindspring.com KC8IEW
900 B Ridgeway Ave. http://gastineau.home.mindspring.com
Morgantown WV 26505 (304) 296-1966

I have such a can (Never filled), and it was manufactured in Australia. I
trot it out ever year when we talk about energy, to show that at least part
of the rest of the world is willing to use one unit for energy at least
most of the time (we souldn't forget eV, Mev and Gev, should we?).

I got my can from a colleague several years ago (sadly, I can't remember
who it was) who brought a case of them back from a trip to "down under" and
gave them to those of us who happened to be present at the time. I cherish
mine and watch it like a hawk when it is making its way around my class.

Hugh

Hugh Haskell
<mailto://hhaskell@mindspring.com>

The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better." So I bought a Macintosh.