Re: Our 'humiliating' mistakes.

Here in the U.S. the Calorie is used in place of the 'better' kilocalorie
when reporting caloric content of foods.....

What's the convention up there in Canada, Leigh?

Canada pretty much follows US conventions (or lack thereof) in this area.
The one big differenrence is that the Celsius temperature scale seems to
be a success here, unlike the US and Britain. Australians they have gone
all the way to using kilojoules for nutritional purposes. Canada has also
made a success of SI almost everywhere except the supermarkets. I lived
in the USA for half my lifetime and I find no difficulty using both kinds
of units, and I don't see why anyone would. Perhaps, before I die...

Just be glad we don't see BTUs on our breakfast cereal packages!

Leigh