Re: survey of math prereqs. for intro. physics

So, I'd like to ask anyone who has the time to answer some survey
questions. I would be glad to summarize and post the answers if there is
interest.

(1) What is the name and number of the course you offer which is most
similar to the one I described above?

Physics 104

(2) What are the math prerequisites for this course?

1 semester of calculus

(3) What are the math corequisites for this course?

none

(4) What textbook do you use?

Youny

(5) And just for good measure: Is the lab compulsory or not?

Yes

Feel free to add any comments if I've forgotten some important details.
Thanks, it would strengthen our case! We need to submit supporting
documentation for this by Friday, so it would be best if you emailed me
directly at <cmungan@uwf.edu>. Carl

Dr. Carl Mungan, Assistant Professor http://www.uwf.edu/~cmungan/
Dept. of Physics, University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL 32514-5751
office: 850-474-2645 (secretary -2267, FAX -3131) email: cmungan@uwf.edu

-------
Joel W. Cannon
Dept. of Physics