Re: ??? ??? ???

At 00:23 9/7/97 +0530, Surendranath wrote:
...It is sad that something so exciting and fulfilling as learning
science is being pursued not for the inherent worth of it, but for a
fall out from it. ...
B.Surendranath Reddy.

In my country, where beggars are to be found pan-handling on streets in
towns from Wall St, N.Y. on down, and where families in reduced
circumstances may be discovered inhabiting cardboard boxes under bridges,
for example in Dallas, I suspect that it would not be impossibly difficult
to find a teacher who would be GLAD that her students paid close attention
in class, if only to preserve their meal ticket.

There is no shanty in the world too poor to possess a TV. And none of them
is programmed to portray the connection between school success and life
success,
it seems. Pity.

Yours ( not especially with tongue in cheek )

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK