Re: ??? ??? ???

I did not respond earlier because I thought my experience here is
worse. What
needs to be said is not said with much of enthusiasm.

The process of learning is so grade oriented with many students that
satisfying a curious mind is not a priority at all. Science is learnt
because it is a subject necessary to get a degree which would lead to a
good job. It is a tribute to creativity that curiosity is not blunted
in some students. There are students who learn because they are
stimulated by the learning process. It is these students that learn
best.

It is sad that something so exciting and fulfilling as learning
science is being pursued not for the inherent worth of it, but for a
fall out from it. This while repugnant, seems the day's compulsion.
After all one needs to make a decent living. The pressures felt in
other areas of a developing society are felt in a physics class room
too.

B.Surendranath Reddy.

B.SURENDRANATH REDDY,
201,HVS APARTMENTS,