Re: ??? ??? ???=the nature of students

On Fri, 05 Sep 1997 13:37:42 -0400 George Spagna said:

I propose another aspect of their conditioning, that they have been trained
to expect a particular kind of "education" which loosely translates as "I
will tell you the answer before I ask the question, and will only ask those
questions for which I have already given the answer." Poor Ludwik asked
them a question for which he hadn't told them the answer!

We usually try to blaim all our problems on TV, but I think George has a
offered us a deeper and more useful insight. <Students have come to expect
a particular kind of "education"> We the educators are apparently a big
part of the problem. How did we get to this sad state of affairs and how
do we get out of it?