Re: self-inductance of a coax cable

Does anyone know of a simple way to directly measure the
self-inductance of a coax cable?

Since we know the capacitance of the cable already,
why not connect a variable frequency oscillator and
oscilloscope to the cable. Then vary the frerquency
until the oscilloscope indicates that we have found a
resonant frequency. With the capacitance and resonant
frequency known, just calculate the inductance.

If this technique has flaws, what are they?

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(A city with an finite capacity)