Re: pressure-energy density

I said:

Yes, and just *where* is that potential energy located? That is the
crucial point here. The quantity we call "gravitational potential
energy" is really an expression which does the accounting for only
a part of the energy of the system which includes the Earth. In the
exact expression

GmM

it is easily seen that both masses enter symmetrically.

The expression accounts for *that part* of the energy of the
Earth-mass system which is gravitational, and then only for changes
in that part of the energy. Sorry, I was (am) rushed.

Leigh