Re: Games

At 04:41 PM 9/2/97 -0600, Jim Green wrote:

I am tired of FreeCell (it is too easy) and ticked at Minesweeper (there is
too much chance) -- I like the logic, but there usually comes a time when
one must just guess. Are there any other games such as these which
challenge the mind and are not chancy??? I am not interested in eye/hand
games or those stupid adventure games. Except that I *would* like to have a
copy of Colossal Caves for MSDOS or Windows (just for old-times sake).

I like arachnid, which is a freeware version of the two-deck solitaire game
spider. It is not too chancy (if I am paying attention, I can win about
40% of the time) and it does challenge your mind. The rules are simple, but
it is hard to learn to see what to do. I played hundreds of games before I
finally won one.

Frac 4D probably requires too much hand/eye stuff to meet your requirements,
but it is slow enough that I can play it, and I am really bad at those sorts
of games. It is basically four dimensional tetris (Tetris is 2D, Frac is 3D,
Frac 4D is 4D), but if you can figure out a place to put a piece, getting it
in place in the allotted time is not usually hard.

Carmen