hell

I would not be surprised to find out that Jeff's student, the author of
the recent message about hell, is a phys-L-er. That message can easilly
be taken for a parody on our debate about the reality of energy and its
flow. Did you notice how careful he was in trying NOT to say "a flow of
souls to hell"? They just go from here to there, like internal energy
from a block A in Sahara to a block B in my refrigirator. Is thermal
energy real or not? Some of us will find out (at once) after the death.
Who will they be? Those are dogmatically opposing the noun heat or
those who consider heat to be a synonym of internal energy? Probably
both.