Re: Creating radioactive atoms

At 18:07 8/29/97 EDT, you wrote:
. I am
preparing the AAPT presentation (New Orlean, January 1998) on reactor-
accelerator systems for destroying highly radioactive nuclear waste (spent
reactor fuel). I learned about this emerging technology (?) while on
sabbatical in France, two years ago. And I keep my eyes open on anything
related with this subject (large scale neutron induced transmutations).
Ludwik Kowalski

I expect you are thoroughly familiar with the topic, but I will mention it
in case. At McGill long ago, in the particle phisics lab, I was shown what
was called a standard technique for identifying materials.
Irradiating a specimen with neutrons allows an identification by the
consequent flux of radiation, characteristic of particular elements.

Regards

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK