Re: Re HEAT1 = HEAT2 ?

The change in thermal energy of a system is a sum of the heat that flows
into it and that part of the work that is done on it that does not appear
as a change in the kinetic energy of the center of mass of the system.

I believe that the problem with the above statement of the first law is
that some kind of a reaction or change of state may occur in such a way
as to make the law as stated above incorrect.
Tue, 26 Aug 1997, "W. Barlow Newbolt" <wnewbolt@liberty.uc.wlu.edu>

Give at least one example, Barlow.

I believe I just gave one, and as Barlow says, others are easily constructed.
It sure seems strange to have to beat my own straw man so hard to kill it!

Leigh