Re: Leaves turning over...

I think the point, at least here on the Great Plains, is that leaves grow
while the wind is blowing in its prevailing direction, and orient themselves
so that under those conditions their upper surface will be up. That is,
I don't accept that leaf orientations are random, at least not with respect
to wind, or at least not on the Plains where the wind is pretty steady most
of the time.