Re: Squeezing time or squeezing students

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, Jerry Hester wrote:

So would it be better to go with 3 hour sections of 30 students or the
current 2 hour sections of 24?

We've always used 3hr lab periods. Students tend to spend the first
hour finding their way around the expt before taking any data at all.
Admittedly, many of our students finish after around 2.5hr, but overall I'd
hate to see the amout of lab time reduced.

Chris
| Christopher Deacon | (709) 737-7631 |
| Dept of Physics and Physical| cdeacon@kelvin.physics.mun.ca !
| Oceanography | |