Re: Marilyn, again

I guess the answer would hinge on the interpretation of the word
"virtually". With 50 people in the room the chances of two people having
the same birthday is slightly greater than 97.3%. My gambling friends
would call that a "sure bet". With only 30 people in the room the odds
are about 71.6 % that two (or more) people will have the same birthday.
So you could pick up some decent spare change by offering even odds that
two or more people have the same birthday any time you are in a room with
30 or more people.

Mark

Dr. Mark H. Shapiro
Physics Department