Re: Truesdell on Classical Thermodynamics

"The reason classical thermodynamics is not understood is that IT IS NOT
UNDERSTANDABLE." - Clifford Truesdell, a proponent of *rational*
thermophysics, in favor of which wider applicability and greater
mathematical rigor than the subject studied by all mechanical and
chemical engineers and, apparently, many others has been claimed.

All he's saying is that he doesn't understand classical thermodynamics.
I *could* say the same thing about general relativity, but I wouldn't,
because though I don't understand it, I know others who do.

Leigh