conceptual understanding in optics

Does anyone have any conceptual understanding-type tests in
introductory optics? I'm wanting a few questions to test understanding of very simple
concepts such as real/virtual images, focus, focal length etc., with
no ray diagrams or formulae, in association with a lab. I run for my conceptual
astronomy students.
Cheers
Margaret Mazzolini

Dr. Margaret Mazzolini
School of Biophysical Sciences and Electrical Engineering
Swinburne University of Technology
P.O. Box 218,
Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia
email: mmazzolini@swin.edu.au
phone: (61 3) 9214 8084 fax: (61 3) 9819 0856