Re: CA-Cricket Graph

I'm afraid that you have gotten yourself into a corner on Cricket Graph.
Those wonderful folks that screwed up Super-Calc so badly have done it
again. It's not bad enough that they responded almost entirely to
inquiries by the business sector with little (if any) thought to the
science sector with Super-Calc so that they drive their own product off
the market. No, then they buy up their biggest competitor (Cricket Graph
of Malvern, PA), wait so long for an update (they skipped from v1 directly
to v3) that other competition overwhelmed their product. And, when they
finally put out CA-Cricket Graph v3, it was a memory hog and ran dog slow.

To be fair, the "memory hog and ran dog slow" is a very common malady!

I have been using both Delta-Graph and Kalida-Graph for most of my
plotting for the past year. During that time, because of ease of user
interface (I need the students to be able to find their way around), I
have moved almost entirely over to Delta-Graph. Delta-Graph makes
Sigma-Plot look almost as bad as CA-Cricket Graph v3. (Note that I am one
small rev. behind on Sigma-Plot so there may have been substantial
improvements!)

Another product you may well want to investigate is IGOR (especially if
you do a lot of signal analysis). I don't know if their proposed WIN
version is WIN95 compliant!?