Re: Speed of sound at altitude and temp

Brian was correct that the value I had quoted for the speed of sound was
incorrect. The error was not in the fault of the Handbook of Chemistry &
Physics. I was just careless in reading the graph. Newer editions have more
graphs tables and equations. As Brian suggests, graphs of temp vs altitude
and speed vs altitude pretty much parallel each other, except between 20-30
km. Any idea why this should be different?