Re: Some Thoughts

At 10:13 AM -0600 7/22/97, Jim Green wrote:
The current Conservation of Energy thread is now well over eighty posts. I
wonder what that indicates about our understanding of the subject. Here are
some thoughts:
[thoughts about heat and work deleted]

I agree that this is an important thread. I think words ARE important.
Maybe this list can change physics pedagogy forever by adopting a logical
and consistent way to refer to these quantitites. Such an adoption would
enhance my own understanding of the topic, as well as that of my students.
Let's see to it that future editions of textbooks are more carefully worded
in this regard.

Larry