Re: CONSERVATION OF ENERGY

The answer is so obvious as to be trivial.
I arbitrarily choose Fe59 and capture the beta minus
with 45 day half life.

Good try. It shows you're thinking along the right lines.
As it happens, howerver, the block of iron I offered you
I got from Ludwik. He has had it for ten years, so it
can't be Fe59. It is, it turns out, isotopically pure Fe56.

There's still a solution. Freeman Dyson would know it
immediately (he pointed it out to me many years ago).

Leigh