Re: Junk Mail

At 12:51 PM 7/8/97 EST, Paul wrote:
If you are getting unwanted mail, one thing you could always do is
send a message to postmaster@whatever.domain.name.it.came.from and
complain. Most, if not all, ISP's have a policy against unsolicited
junk email (i.e. spam) and can be persuaded to terminate the offending
account.

And others have responded likewise privately -- I am relatively ignorant
about this activity, but I don't think you all understand what is happening:
Yes it used to be that someone from a private account on an ISP could do
this and the ISP didn't know. But the msgs *I* am now getting are coming
from people who have set themselves up as mass mailers -- there is no use
telling *them* that I am bugged -- it is their *business* to do this.
Sending a msg to postmaster@their.domain.com won't work -- "postmaster" *is*
them!!!

Any other ideas???

Jim Green