E, B & relativity

But can we say that the situation is paradoxial? On one
hand emf is zero on the other hand it is not zero. We are talking about
what happens when v<<c. Is it a classical (Galileo) relativistic effect.
what happens when v<<c. I was under the impression that B transforms into
a different B (and E), in any practical sense, only when v/c is not very
small.
Ludwik Kowalski

------------------------------

The Feynman lectures, section 13-6 does a super job with E & B transformations.
The velocity of electrons in normal currents is only a few mm/sec and
produces the 'paradoxical' equivalence of E and B fields.

I use this as the prime example of Special Relativity revealing itself in
'everyday' occurences.

As usual, the experience of reading Feynman is exhilerating. Also, as is
too often the case, when I wake up the following morning, I'm not sure I
really followed the arguements after all!

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936