Re: Security software....

On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, von Philp wrote:
We will soon be getting about 60 computers in our high school science
department. Since these will all be networked and used by students, we are
concerned about security.

Can any of you recommend a good security program that runs in a WIndows 95
environment?

I hate to buy software without at least a good recommendation.

Ralph von Philp,
Windows NT 4.0! With that many machines and wanting to restrict
access, it is the only way to go. It will allow you to set up a student
account and keep them from messing the system up. It also allows you to
administrate from one location. NT 4.0 is also much more stable than 95.

I'm working on the same thing right now. Keep them functional and
keep them from getting messed up at the same time is a real challenge.
--
James Bradford Shue jshue@comp.uark.edu
University of Arkansas Voice phone:(501) 575-6059