Re: calculus software

I don't know about software, but strongly recommend The Mechanical Universe
Episodes #3 (Derivatives) and #7 (Integration). Videotape or videeodisk.

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://www.phy.nau.edu/~danmac/homepage.html

Has anyone evaluated software that has been developed for the purpuse of
helping students learn the CONCEPTS of differential and integral calculus?
I don't mind finding software that provides practice solving calculus
problems, but I'm more interested in the CONCEPTS.

I would also be interested in something similar treating algebra and trig.

If you know of GOOD software, please post it to the list in response to
this.

Thanks,
bob muir

* bob muir voice: (910) 334-5669 *