Re: Entropy, Objectivity, and Timescales

Receiving the list in digest form precludes use of the handy > reply format.

Leigh Palmer wrote:

SNIP
Most of us can be characterized
as atheists (according to the article cited earlier) and I would
guess that a majority of us are also objective realists. If there
are some of us who are not reductionists then some of us practice
what we don't believe, but "holism" (the opposite of reductionism
in modern parlance) yields no practical result other than to
"explain" inability to do mechanistic calculations.

So long as physicists argue about "matters of definition" it may be more
appropiate that they subscribe to some degree of agnosticism. :)