Re: Entropy, Objectivity, and Timescales

I have just learned that I must teach the dreaded high school makeup
course this fall. It is given to students who have not had the Grade
12 prerequisite to our introductory courses. We've been using PSSC
but the consensus (not including me) is that we must abandon it.
I've used Cutnell & Johnson and don't want to do so again (I haven't
taught the course in three or four years). I must touch on kinematics
and dynamics of a particle, waves, electricity, and optics, all in 13
weeks of three lectures per week with no real laboratory component.

Please recommend your favorite text for such a course privately. I
will summarize for the group in a week's time.

Thanks,

Leigh