RE: Readings on flight-- reply

At 09:45 AM 5/15/97 -0500, JON GREENBERG wrote:
Brian, that sounds great. I did my grad work at Cornell,
and used to hear stories about Keaton's studies there,
though I never got involved myself. Can you provide
any specific citations onany of these topics?

Thanks very much!

Jon Greenberg

A text that comes to hand is
Bird Navigation G V T Matthews
(Cambridge Monographs on Exp. Biology, CUP)

When last I spoke to him, perhaps 20 years ago, Dr
Matthews was looking round for someone to provide
an updated text.
And there HAVE been more recent texts, but sorry,
I don't have them on hand.

I suspect that a young person might be attracted by
the morsels on bird navigation and on general ethology
that appeared in periodicals like New Scientist and of
course SciAmerican.

I sometimes feel like a laser disk with a failed servo track ***
when I mention Scientific American: they have run a piece
on most topics of scientific interest, over time.

*** that's the 90's version of
'a record player stuck in a groove,'
btw...

Regards