Re: Readings on flight

At 12:59 PM 5/14/97 -0500, JON GREENBERG wrote:
Can anyone suggest some good articles or books for
junior high (grades 7-9) students on flight? Anything
dealing with the flight of birds, aircraft, or insects,
would be great.

Thanks very much!

Jon Greenberg
jon@ait.net
Science Editor/Curriculum Developer
Agency For Instructional Technology
800-457-4509 ext. 228

I can recommend the research papers on animal
navigation, especially those dealing with birds'
fascinating capabilities.
These are not only more accessible than most,
but provide a healthy insight into experimental
statistics 'at the sharp end'.

Long ago, I was well pleased to follow my interest
into the Clarendon, the Faraday Lab., to a don's room
in Cambridge, to Cornell in search of Keaton and to
their bio research station in Florida which afforded
oranges direct from the trees for morning juice and a photo-opportunity
with Eisner, along Broadway to
the Sesame St. conference room for a very kind moment
from Walcott's busy schedule, out to Stony Brook
and Wood's Hole, into MassGeneral and a Medical
research group at Stanford, and to the offices of that
most rarified of periodicals;
a pigeon-fanciers and racers magazine.

I could wish that the same flame would touch a
few new students.
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK