RE: Explaining QM to the layperson

See below.

Michael Thomason, Director of Physics Learning Laboratories
University of Colorado, Dept of Physics, Box 390, Boulder CO 80309-0390
MWF 303 -492-7117 TTh 303 492-8313 thomason@aeinstein.colorado.edu
http://www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/

On Fri, May 9, 1997, Brian J. Oliver wrote:

My impression is that the authors of this page and those of the above
reference (possibly one and the same) certainly did not intend there
effort to be humorous and certainly not insulting to anyone, but rather
to assist in the solution to the problem which originated this thread,
"How do teach the layperson about QM?"

I hope the effort isn't insulting. As to humor, it probably isn't
humorous enough.

In my opinion the Physics 2000 effort is a very useful endeavour and will
undoubtedly help in making some of the difficult concepts of QM
accessibleto the layperson. My only problem with it is that I havn't been
able to get any of the Java applets to work on my machine.

The site provides System Requirements and Troubleshooting help. From the
homepage (www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/) click "More About Physics 2000"
and "What do I need to take full advantage of this Website?" I would be
very interested in hearing, off-list, if these pages don't successfully
help you get the Java applets running.

Brian J. Oliver
Instructor of Physics
Niagara County Community College