RE: Explaining QM to the layperson

C Monroe, et al, "A Schrodinger cat superposition state of an atom."
Science 272, 1131 (1996)

Of course there is no macroscopic (not even mouse size) superposition of
wave functions in this experiment.

This experiment is explained at a physics teacher level by one of the team
members:

www.bldrdoc.gov/timefreq/ion/qucomp/cat.htm

This web page is linked from the Physics 2000 site

www.colorado.edu/physics/Physics2000/

Michael Thomason, Director of Physics Learning Laboratories
University of Colorado, Dept of Physics, Box 390, Boulder CO 80309-0390
MWF 303 -492-7117 TTh 303 492-8313 thomason@aeinstein.colorado.edu
http://www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/