Re: Explaining QM to the layperson

Dear Brian,

If you are going to teach the Copenhagen interpretation of the quantum
mechanics to nonscience students I hope you will offer it in the spirit of
levity. Many of us simply do not believe the Schrodinger's cat "paradox";
indeed I believe it was introduced for the purpose of invalidating the
Copenhagen interpretation by *reductio ad absurdum*. If your students go
away with the belief that all scientists believe in collapsing wavefunctions
&c. they may (quite properly) infer that we are a bunch of kooks.

Leigh